NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The SHOK The NationSweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 13, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on July 22, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) at the time of Entry (defined below). Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to comply with and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and to Sponsor’s decisions, including the interpretation of these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
(a) navigate the Internet toSHOKTHENATION.com. To enter, complete the Sweepstakes entry form by providing your full name, physical address, email address and any other required data fields. All required information must be provided to enter and be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor of a change in your e-mail address.For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an on-line entry is “received” when the applicable app’s/site’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes.
PLEASE NOTE: By entering in this Sweepstakes, you signify and agree that your entry and any other materials submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes may be posted on Sponsor’s website and/or other social media sites or applications associated with the Sweepstakes in a manner that is consistent with these Official Rules. Upon submission of entry in this Sweepstakes, you agree that Sponsor may contact you via social media, by sending you a direct message, tagging you, posting to your social media page or naming you on Sponsor’s social media page. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
(c) Entries, comments and content submitted or uploaded to any social media sites or other public sites in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Content Submissions”) may not contain, depict or show any content that: (i) is sexually explicit or suggestive, offensive, lewd, profane, obscene, or contains nudity or racist innuendo; (ii) promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; (iii) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor or other companies; (iv) contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) or copyrighted materials (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published via websites, television, movies or other media) owned by others, without permission; (v) contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, last names (first names are permitted), e-mail addresses or street addresses for any person other than entrant, or otherwise infringes on the privacy of any person other than an entrant; (vi) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and good will of Sponsor’s brand; and/or (vii) violates any law. Any Content Submissions that contain, depict or show such content; that exceed any required file size or length limits imposed by the Sponsor or any third-party social media site; and/or that violate these Content Submission requirements and/or the terms of these Official Rules will be disqualified. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to screen and disqualify any Content Submission that it believes is inappropriate or not suitable for publication, that does not comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes.
The Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. For the avoidance of doubt, entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about July 27, 2021, from among all eligible Entries received. Random drawing will be conducted by Administrator whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible Entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Prize winners will be required to confirm his/her email/mailing address/eligibility via email within seven (7) days of notification attempt or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted without further notice. Return of prize notification as undeliverable or if notification is not returned in a timely manner, it may result in disqualification and alternate selection.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. PRIZES: One Grand Prize winner will receive one-thousand ($1,000.00) dollars. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $1,000.00.
In no event will more than the stated number of prizes listed in these Official Rules be awarded. The ARV of prizes listed are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prizes are awarded.If the actual purchase price of prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winners will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. All federal, state and local taxes (including but not limited to income and withholding taxes) are the sole responsibility of each winner. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete IRS Form W-9 and may be provided a IRS 1099-MISC reflecting the total fair market value of his/her Grand Prize. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No cash redemption of prizes, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.Limit one (1) prize per person.
7. GENERAL RULES:If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all Entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by these official rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor, Administrator and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Sweepstakes materials, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Sponsor reserves the right to make all decisions in its sole discretion arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, and the decisions by Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (a)any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of North Carolina, (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States of America and the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the laws of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants ,and prize winners agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and Administrator, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, and agree that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, in the offering, selection, operation, or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prizes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages, lost, late, misdirected, or undelivered mail; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused,
6directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use or misuse of any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other persons’ equipment or other property, or to their persons, whether direct or indirect); (6) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or (7) any breach of any representation, warranty, and/or promise herein by entrant. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed. Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Intellectual Property. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT ALL CONTENT SUBMISSIONS THAT ENTRANT MAY SUBMIT TO SPONSOR OR OTHERWISE POST IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL RIGHTS EMBODIED THEREIN, WHETHER SENT VIA THE WEBSITE OR ELECTRONIC MAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM OR SOME OTHER MEANS, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, ARE DEEMED TO BE NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY AND SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO SUCH CONTENT SUBMISSIONS. SPONSOR SHALL BE FREE TO EDIT, EXPLOIT, MODIFY, PUBLISH, REPRODUCE, USE, DISCLOSE, DISSEMINATE AND DISTRIBUTE THE CONTENT SUBMISSION TO OTHERS WITHOUT LIMITATION IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR NOT CURRENTLY KNOWN, THROUGHOUT THE WORLD FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT COMPENSATION, PERMISSION OR NOTIFICATION TO ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD-PARTY. ENTRANT HEREBY GRANTS TO SPONSOR AND ITS LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AN IRREVOCABLE, AND WORLD-WIDE LICENSE TO USE IN PERPETUITY THE CONTENT SUBMISSION IN ANY FORM OR FORMAT AND TO MODIFY THE SAME, AND ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IF SPONSOR DOES USE THE CONTENT SUBMISSION, ENTRANT SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY CREDIT, CONSIDERATION, NOTICE OR PAYMENTS OF ANY KIND. ENTRANT WAIVES ANY MORAL RIGHTS HE OR SHE MAY HAVE TO THE CONTENT SUBMISSION, AND AGREES THAT IF SPONSOR ELECTS TO USE CONTENT SUBMISSION FOR ANY PURPOSE, ALL RIGHTS UNDER COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THAT RELATING TO ENTRANT’S CONTENT SUBMISSION OR FROM USE OF THE SAME BY SPONSOR SHALL BE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IF SPONSOR ELECTS TO USE ENTRANT’S CONTENT, SUBMISSION, ENTRANT WILL EXECUTE ANY DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BY SPONSOR REGARDING THIS ASSIGNMENT. IF ANY USE BY SPONSOR OF THE CONTENT SUBMISSION CAUSES IT TO BE LIABLE TO ANY THIRD-PARTY, ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVE AND ALL RELATED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, COSTS, JUDGMENTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES) WHICH IT INCURS AS A RESULT OF ITS USE OF THE CONTENT SUBMISSION.
15. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by October 1, 2020 to: Apex Tool Group, LLC, 910 Ridgebrook Road, Suite 200, Sparks MD 21152.
///END OFFICIAL RULES///